Monday, October 17, 2005

BMWFilms

Calling all movie addicts!!! You gotta check this linky out:

http://www.bmwfilms.com

Downloadable short movies that rule! These really appealed to me. I'm an action movie buff (I usually turn my brain off even while watching character dramas), and these short movies rocked socks. It helps if you know the backstory to all the episodes (I didn't go through them, but I enjoyed the shorts anyway.) If you have an unlimited, broadband connection, they're worth downloading and keeping! Each movie is about 7-8 mins long, and averaging about 70-80mb for the downloadable PC version. There are 8 episodes at present, five from Season 1 and three from Season 2. There's a smaller download available too (5mb or so, for the pocket PC). If I could fit my PC into my pocket, I'd have gotten those instead.

You might have to give them your email address before you get to the download section, but that's ok. I just unchecked the "I'm interested" thingie, and I've never got any spam from them or any unknown affiliates.

Each episode has a different feel to it since the director that worked on each episode is different. John Woo, Ang Lee, Tony Scott etc have worked on these shorts, and in my humble opinion, their feature-length movies rule. It's interesting to see how they adapt their trademark styles to these short films. As the driver, Clive Owen's pretty cool too.

It also helps if you can forget the fact that these are really tongue-in-cheek advertisements for BMW ;-)

I liked the car in Season 2 better.

Comments are welcome! Don't expect anyone to read them though!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home