Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Very Happy New Year!

Here's wishing everyone a very happy new year 2005!!! May all your dreams come true.

Which brings me to the "New Year Resolutions" thing... how many of you have a habit of making new year resolutions?

More importantly, do you follow them throughout the year? (Or throughout your life?)

Personally, I feel resolutions are the perfect complement to a motivated spirit. Making a resolution implies that you're already motivated enough to follow it through. But "New Year" resolutions are somewhat different, since not everyone that makes new year resolutions have the will and motivation to back them up. Some do it just out of peer pressure, some do it just so that they have some crap to talk about at a cocktail party, or with their fellow clubbers or anyone else who won't bother too much about whether you follow them or forget them within 5 mins. And then there are others (like me), who just make new year resolutions for fun!

I've not made many of those, to be frank. There's only one resolution that I remember making, that I've followed sincerely and have never broken once. I'd decided one January 1st (I think this was 1995), that the moment I come home from school, I'd change into house clothes. Prior to that, I used to stay in the uniform even at home, 'coz I was insouciant and just too lazy to change. It used to irritate my mom to no end... eventually I felt her annoyance, and decided to make this small change for her sake.

Enough banter. Catch you another day!

Vikas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home